225g pitted soft dates
4tbsp maple syrup
1 cup melted coconut oil
200g gluten free self raising flour
1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
Pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place the dates and the water into a saucepan and gently simmer until the dates have softened and the water has been absorbed.
- Place the softened dates into a food processor and blitz up with the maple syrup until smooth (there may be a few small pieces of date left but don’t worry about that)
- Add in to the processor the flour, bananas, eggs, baking powder and salt and blitz again until well combined.
- Melt the coconut oil, add to the food processor and blitz up one last time.
- Place the mixture into muffin cases (3/4 fill them) and sprinkle a few pecan nuts on the top. Finally place into the oven for approx. 20min or until the muffins are cooked in the middle.